Lilburn will host a day for recycling and disposing of unwanted materials as part of the Great American Cleanup on April 22 from 8 a.m. to noon in the city’s greenway parking lot (76 Main Street).
- Free electronics recycling, including cell phones ($15 for each TV and CRT monitor)
- Bulk trash (EXCLUDING yard waste, batteries, chemicals, construction materials, concrete, oil, tires, florescent bulbs, propane and combustibles)
- Scrap metal
- Free secure paper shredding (limit to 10 standard boxes per person)
For questions regarding accepted items, contact the following participating service providers:
- Advanced Disposal (bulk trash) http://www.advanceddisposal.com/
- E Recycle USA (electronics) http://erecycleusa.com/
- A1 Shredding & Recycling (paper shredding) http://www.a1shreds.com/
Additionally, Parkview Christian School will recycle latex and oil paint. Prices vary from $4 per gallon to $1.50 for spray cans. A portion of the proceeds will be used to support the school. For details, call 404-317-7637.